What to Do and Where to Eat in Blue Springs
Blue Springs is a homey community due east of downtown Kansas City. The spacious subdivisions, well-kept homes and high-quality schools attract families of all kinds. While Blue Springs is a place to plant roots and raise a family, it’s also a fun area with a neat local culture. There’s more here than meets the eye. See for yourself by attending one of these Blue Springs upcoming events.
There are pickleball tournaments and live music on summer nights, fall festivals and Easter celebrations. Most of the Blue Springs events are intended to be enjoyed by the whole family, one of the many reasons this community is growing with young families.
While you’re in the area for one of those Blue Springs events, you’ll also want to take enjoy some of the excellent restaurants in Blue Springs. This guide will give you the event info you need to plan your day and the restaurant tips you need to find the most satisfying meal.
Blue Springs Upcoming Events
These Blue Springs, Missouri, events are great for local families and visitors. Get to know your neighbors and contribute to the blooming culture of Blue Springs with activities like these.
- Easter Egg-Stravaganza: The sun is shining, warm air returning, flowers blooming — it’s springtime in Kansas City, and the best way to celebrate in Blue Springs is the Easter Egg-Stravaganza. This free Blue Springs event is held at the beautiful Rotary Park. There are egg hunts for kids ages infant to 10, along with craft booths, face painting and photos with the Easter Bunny.
- Pickleball Tournament: Have you heard of pickleball? Think of it as a cross between tennis, badminton and ping pong. It’s a game you play competitively even if you are not abundantly athletic, which makes it perfect for community tournaments. This new Blue Springs event is sure to become an annual classic. Lace up your pickleball shoes, stretch those hamstrings and get ready to play!
- Music in the Park Summer Concert Series: This annual concert series runs from May to August on Sunday evenings. Pack a picnic blanket and bring the kids for live music, fun at the park and snacks. It’s a great way to start your week, and it’s free.
- Mighty Mud Volleyball Tournament: Another good Blue Springs, Mo., event for athletes, the Mighty Mud Volleyball Tournament is a truly unique experience. If you don’t mind getting dirty, put a team together and try out this one-of-a-kind competition.
- Dog Days of Summer: Bring your good boys and girls to the Blue Springs Dog Park to celebrate humankind’s best friend. There will be activities, contests and, of course, treats. This is a perfect Blue Springs upcoming event for animal lovers.
- Fall Festival: We’ll round off our list of events in Blue Springs, Mo., with the largest event of the year, the Blue Springs Fall Fun Fest. This is a massive event, complete with a parade, street vendors, the Blue Springs, Mo., carnival, live musical performances, a beer garden and much more. With attractions for adults and children of all ages, this Blue Springs fall festival is a perfect opportunity to see the best this suburb has to offer.
Restaurants to Try at Events in Blue Springs
Blue Springs has a variety of good, local restaurants. Why not give one a try when you’re at the Blue Springs Fall Fun Fest or after a hard-earned victory in the Pickleball Tournament? Make sure to check out our complete guide to Blue Springs restaurants so that you don’t miss out on all this town has to offer. In the meantime, these are a few of the local favorites you can’t miss:
- Zarda Bar-B-Q: This local institution was founded in 1976 and has been serving some of Kansas City’s best barbecue since then. Zarda is family-owned and operated, and you can expect the type of caring, quality service that comes with that. Stop by before or after one of the special events Blue Springs, Mo., has to offer. On your way out, pick up a bottle of the signature Zarda Bar-B-Q sauce for some home cooking.
- Minsky’s Pizza: Kansas City doesn’t have a signature pizza style like Chicago or New York, but we do have a legendary local pizza institution in Minsky’s. The thick crust, rich tomato sauce and generous amounts of mozzarella have made Minsky’s a go-to comfort meal for many Kansas Citians. Stop by the location on 7 Highway after one of these Blue Springs, Mo., events and enjoy a slice, or two, or three.
- 54th Street Grill and Bar: For classic American food, turn your attention to 54th Street Grill and Bar. This restaurant sprouted out of the Kansas City area and became successful regional chain. It’s still a favorite of many Blue Springs residents. You can find mouth-watering burgers, steaks and sandwiches, as well as a good selection of beer, wine and cocktails here.
There’s much more to discover in Blue Springs. This guide gives you a good place to start. Plan your day at one of the Blue Springs events and fill up at a local restaurant. It doesn’t get much better than this.