What to Do and Where to Eat in Liberty, MO
Liberty, Mo., is a quiet suburb on the northeast side of downtown Kansas City. With nice, affordable homes, a historic downtown, good schools and a simple commute, it’s no wonder this area is beloved by the people who call it home.
Along with the good homes and schools, Liberty also has a fun, family-friendly culture that is best experienced through the Liberty events held in the town each year. From holiday celebrations to food festivals and outdoor movie nights, the Liberty, Mo., events calendar is full of opportunities to meet your neighbors while having a good time.
If you’re planning out your month or just looking for Liberty upcoming events to fill up your weekend, this guide will give you all the information you need. Plus, we’ll cover several of the restaurants in Liberty that you should try while you are out and about.
There’s a lot happening in Liberty, Mo. All of these activities are intended to be for the whole family. Bring the kids for a good time getting to know your fellow Liberty residents. These are a few Liberty upcoming events to add to your calendar:
- Hometown Holidays: Celebrate the holiday season by supporting local business in this historic downtown Liberty event. At the beginning of the day, you register for a business passport, which is stamped at each business as you check it off the list. By the end of the day, participants with complete passports are entered into a prize drawing. It’s the perfect chance to get some shopping done and enjoy the downtown area.
- Liberty Fest: As the name of the city suggests, this is an all-American town. Celebrate Liberty (the city) and liberty (the philosophical ideal at the heart of the American experiment) with this 4th of July party. This event is hosted at the Fountain Bluff Sports Complex. There are a variety of activities for kids leading up to the big fireworks show. Of all the Liberty, Missouri, events, this is closest to the heart of the town.
- Moonlight Yoga: Yoga decreases stress and improves physical health. Why not do both of those things while also helping a local dog park? Moonlight Yoga is a series of Liberty events with instructor-led yoga classes that benefits the Liberty off-leash dog park. These classes are fit for beginners and experienced yogis alike.
- Popcorn in the Park: Liberty’s summer outdoor movie series is a perfect family outing. Grab the picnic blanket, lawn chairs and snacks and head over to Stocksdale Park. Dates are flexible, so make sure to check the Liberty, Mo., calendar of events.
Restaurants to Try During Liberty Events
Liberty has a handful of local restaurants serving good meals all over the city. From the historic downtown to the west side, you can find a variety of cuisines to meet whatever you are craving. These are a couple restaurants you may want to visit before or after one of the Liberty family events we’ve covered.
- Conrad’s Restaurant & Ale House: A true neighborhood bar and grill in Liberty, Conrad’s serves up fresh, local and high-quality food and beverages seven days a week. If you’re looking for a beer, you’ll find dozens of options on-tap with an emphasis on Kansas City’s great local breweries. The food menu is expansive and has something for everyone, making Conrad’s a great stop after one of these Liberty events.
- Hammerhand Coffee: This local shop roasts and brews its coffee in-house, by hand, with care and quality as top priorities. Shops like Hammerhand go a long way toward the revitalization of historic downtown Liberty, bringing young businesses and customers to the area. If you need a boost or a pastry during one of the downtown Liberty, Mo., events, stop by Hammerhand.
- Ginger Sue’s: This classic diner has been serving breakfast, brunch and lunch on the downtown square since 2007. It was founded, and is still run, by a local couple. Ginger Sue’s is the type of relaxed café that is meant to bring people together and facilitate good conversation over a satisfying meal.
- La Costa Mexicana: Head to La Costa Mexicana if you are in the mood for authentic Mexican food. Start with the hot chips and fresh salsa before ordering a delicious plate of tacos, fajitas or chimichangas. La Costa Mexicana has daily specials every day except Sunday, and a happy hour from 2–5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
We hope you enjoy several of these Liberty events and restaurants. This suburb has a lot to offer, and nothing makes a community stronger than supporting local businesses and celebrating its culture with your neighbors.