Lee’s Summit is not your typical suburb. Sure, some of the signposts are there — great schools, easy access to shopping, a relaxed vibe in cookie-cutter subdivisions. But there’s much more than that in this city. Lee’s Summit has a vibrant downtown area and blossoming culture with a focus on local people supporting local businesses. If you’re looking for Lee’s Summit restaurants, you’re in luck. There are plenty.
We know you’re here for the food, so let’s get right to it. This is your definitive guide to restaurants in Lee’s Summit, Mo.
Downtown Lee’s Summit Restaurants
Downtown Lee’s Summit has developed into a genuine cultural center. Walkable streets are lined with two-, three- and four-story buildings housing boutiques, cafés, breweries, restaurants and even a speakeasy regarded as one of the best in the entire Kansas City area. Restaurants in downtown Lee’s Summit have led the charge in the city’s cultural renaissance. Downtown is the perfect place to experience the flavors of Lee’s Summit. Here are some of the most popular downtown Lee’s Summit restaurants.
- Third Street Social: Even though Third Street Social is relatively new to downtown Lee’s Summit, it immediately established itself as one of the best restaurants in Lee’s Summit. Located in a renovated brick warehouse in the heart of downtown, Third Street Social’s wide-open interior and hip vibe make it the perfect spot for a weekend dinner or drink. The food lives up to the setting. Whatever you order, you won’t be disappointed.
- Smoke Brewing Co: Kansas City’s micro-brewery scene is on the rise. The most densely populated area for small-batch beer is the Crossroads, but any beer lover would be making a mistake to miss Smoke Brewing Co., a brewery and restaurant in downtown Lee’s Summit. Smoke has a rotating selection of seasonal beers made in house, as well as taps from other excellent breweries. Get a meal while you’re there, because the food is as delicious as the brews.
- Whistle Stop Café: Long before downtown Lee’s Summit restaurants were trendy, Whistle Stop Café was serving coffee, tea, sandwiches and pastries on Main Street. If you are looking for a place for your lunch meeting or morning coffee stop, Whistle Stop is a great option.
- The W: Could one of the best cocktail lounges in Kansas City, a place with a nationally renowned cocktail scene, really be in downtown Lee’s Summit? My friend, it can. The W, an upstairs lounge entered through an unmarked door, is a true gem. The drinks are delicious. The vibe transports you to another world. Make a reservation by texting in and enjoy your classy cocktail evening.
There are more downtown Lee’s Summit restaurants than we have time to cover, but we don’t want you to be unaware of these other fantastic dining options:
- Brick’s Pub & Grub
- Llywelyn’s Pub
- Main Slice
- Konrad’s Kitchen and Tap House
- Frankie Farelanes
- Stuey McBrew’s
- Poppy’s Ice Cream
- The Peanut
More Lee’s Summit Restaurants
Downtown Lee’s Summit is, generally speaking, the best place for a night out in Lee’s Summit. But it’s also only a small part of this city. While other areas are not as walkable or trendy, there are plenty of great restaurants in Lee’s Summit.
Mexican Restaurants in Lee’s Summit
If you’re looking for Mexican restaurants in Lee’s Summit, you could give La Fuente a try. This classic Mexican restaurant has been around the area for a while. It has an accessible menu with comfortable and authentic Hispanic dishes. There’s also Habanero’s, a causal cantina with good food and drinks. You really can’t go wrong with either of these great Mexican restaurants in Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
BBQ Restaurants in Lee’s Summit
If Mexican food isn’t your thing, you might be craving barbecue. This is Kansas City, home of the world’s best barbecue. And you can find some very good BBQ restaurants in Lee’s Summit, Mo. Summit Hickory Pit, right next to Habanero’s, is a good place to start. They have been serving smoked meats to hungry customers since 1992. Plus, they have their own signature sauce that is still one of the best-kept secrets of Lee’s Summit barbecue.
You can also find Jack Stack Barbecue in Lee’s Summit. Jack Stack is one of the premiere barbecue restaurants in Kansas City, and any meat-fiend needs to give it a try. It’s one of the best restaurants in Lee’s Summit, Mo., hands down.
Lee’s Summit Pizza Restaurants
Craving pizza? Lee’s Summit is home to two Kansas City pizza icons: Waldo Pizza and Minsky’s. Go sit down or grab takeout from either. You could go with a chain restaurant, but why not fill your craving with one of these local and historic pizzerias? You’ll be glad you did.
More Restaurants Near Lee’s Summit, Mo.
We’re still only scratching the surface of the many great restaurants in Lee’s Summit. From American grills to Chinese buffets to Italian restaurants, Lee’s Summit has a lot to offer. You can find a good bite everywhere you look in this impressive suburb. While we’re sure you already have enough to choose from, here are even more restaurants in Lee’s Summit, Mo. to add to your list: