Lee’s Summit is not your typical suburb. Sure, some of the signposts are there — great schools, easy access to shopping, and a relaxed vibe in cookie-cutter subdivisions. But, there’s much more than that in this city. Lee’s Summit has a vibrant downtown area and blossoming culture with a focus on local people supporting local businesses. If you’re looking for Lee’s Summit restaurants, you’re in luck. There are plenty.
We know you’re here for the food, so let’s get right to it. This is your definitive guide to restaurants in Lee’s Summit, MO.
Downtown Lee’s Summit Restaurants
Downtown Lee’s Summit has developed into a genuine cultural center. Walkable streets are lined with two-, three- and four-story buildings housing boutiques, cafés, breweries, restaurants and even a speakeasy regarded as one of the best in the entire Kansas City area. Restaurants in downtown Lee’s Summit have led the charge in the city’s cultural renaissance. Downtown is the perfect place to experience the flavors of Lee’s Summit. Here are some of the most popular downtown Lee’s Summit restaurants.
- Third Street Social: Even though Third Street Social is relatively new to downtown Lee’s Summit, it immediately established itself as one of the best restaurants in Lee’s Summit. Located in a renovated brick warehouse in the heart of downtown, Third Street Social’s wide-open interior and hip vibe make it the perfect spot for a weekend dinner or drink. The food lives up to the setting. Whatever you order, you won’t be disappointed.
- Smoke Brewing Co: Kansas City’s micro-brewery scene is on the rise. The most densely populated area for small-batch beer is the Crossroads, but any beer lover would be making a mistake to miss Smoke Brewing Co. — a brewery and restaurant in downtown Lee’s Summit. Smoke has a rotating selection of seasonal beers made in house, as well as taps from other excellent breweries. Get a meal while you’re there, because the food is as delicious as the brews.
- Whistle Stop Coffee: Long before downtown Lee’s Summit restaurants were trendy, Whistle Stop Coffee was serving coffee, tea, sandwiches and pastries on Main Street. If you are looking for a place for your lunch meeting or morning coffee stop, Whistle Stop is a great option.
- The W: Could one of the best cocktail lounges in Kansas City, a place with a nationally renowned cocktail scene, really be in downtown Lee’s Summit? My friend, it can. The W, an upstairs lounge entered through an unmarked door, is a true gem. The drinks are delicious. The vibe transports you to another world. Make a reservation by texting in, and enjoy your classy cocktail evening.
There are more downtown Lee’s Summit restaurants than we have time to cover, but we want you to be aware of these other fantastic dining options:
- Brick’s Pub & Grub
- Llywelyn’s Pub
- Main Slice
- Konrad’s Kitchen and Tap House
- Stuey McBrew’s
- Poppy’s Ice Cream
More Lee’s Summit Restaurants
Downtown Lee’s Summit is, generally speaking, the best place for a night out in Lee’s Summit. But it’s also only a small part of this city. While other areas are not as walkable or trendy, there are plenty of great restaurants in Lee’s Summit.
Mexican Restaurants in Lee’s Summit
If you’re looking for Mexican restaurants in Lee’s Summit, you could give La Fuente a try. This classic Mexican restaurant has been around the area for a while. It has an accessible menu with comfortable and authentic Hispanic dishes. There’s also Habanero’s, a causal cantina with good food and drinks. You really can’t go wrong with either of these great Mexican restaurants in Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
BBQ Restaurants in Lee’s Summit
If Mexican food isn’t your thing, you might be craving barbecue. This is Kansas City, home of the world’s best barbecue. And you can find some very good BBQ restaurants in Lee’s Summit, MO. Back Porch Bar-B-Q is a good place to start. Being the newer kids on the block, they have been serving up some delicious smoked meats to hungry customers since 2015. From burnt ends to a rib dinner, Back Porch Bar-B-Q is a home away from home for meat lovers.
You can also find Jack Stack Barbecue in Lee’s Summit. Jack Stack is one of the premiere barbecue restaurants in Kansas City, and any meat-fiend needs to give it a try. It’s one of the best restaurants in Lee’s Summit, MO, hands down.
Lee’s Summit Pizza Restaurants
There’s also Martin City Brewing Company, a newcomer to the KC pizza scene in comparison to the historical franchises listed above, but no less delicious. Grab a pint or 6-pack of great local beer, an appetizer of mouth-watering wings and a pizza for a great night.
You could go with a chain restaurant, but why not fill your craving with one of these local and historic pizzerias? You’ll be glad you did.
Coffee in Lee’s Summit
Here’s a secret: There’s great, locally roasted coffee in Lee’s Summit, MO. It used to be that you had to trek into downtown to find a good pour over. While that’s still a great way to spend your weekend morning, you can find coffee in Lee’s Summit at several great, locally owned shops.
- Post Coffee Company: Post Coffee started as a food truck, making appearances at Farmer’s Market and other pop-up events. It is now located on Chipman Road, just east of Summit Fair. Post roasts and brews some of the best coffee in Kansas City.
- Love, Coffee: Serving the Raintree community and others on the southwest side of Lee’s Summit, Love, Coffee is a great option for a drive-through coffee or a place to relax. With a great patio and coffee sourced from KC’s own Messenger Coffee, this is an ideal option.
- Made in KC Marketplace, Café + Bar: One of Kansas City’s most beloved businesses, Made In KC recently opened an amazing location in Summit Fair Mall. It features a Made In KC Marketplace, with apparel and goods from dozens of local makers, as well as Made In KC Café, where you can grab a coffee, tea, beer, cocktail or glass of wine.
More Restaurants Near Lee’s Summit, MO
We’re still only scratching the surface of the many great restaurants in Lee’s Summit. From American grills to Chinese buffets to Italian restaurants, Lee’s Summit has a lot to offer. You can find a good bite everywhere you look in this impressive suburb. While we’re sure you already have enough to choose from, here are even more restaurants in Lee’s Summit, MO, to add to your list: