Blue Springs is a quiet suburb on the east side of Kansas City. It’s a family town with great schools, an easy commute and lots of green space around areas like Lake Jacomo. It’s easy to see why so many choose to make a home in Blue Springs. To make it even better, there are plenty of restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo., that are sure to satisfy locals and visitors alike.
If you’ve been around long enough, you likely have a favorite. If not, this guide to the best restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo., will introduce you to what the area has to offer. If you’re looking for barbecue, Mexican, pizza, burgers or anything else, you can probably find it in Blue Springs. We’ll cover some of the most popular types of food in Blue Springs and where you can find it, then move on to some local favorites that you shouldn’t miss.
Mexican Restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo.
There are more Mexican restaurants in America than any other type of regional cuisine. The supply exists due to demand. We love our Mexican food. If you’re hankering for a taco, you’re not alone. These are some of the best Mexican restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo., to satisfy your hungry soul.
- Real Jalisco Fine Mexican Cuisine: Jalisco is a Mexican state on the western edge of the country with a coastline running along the Pacific Ocean. The region is known for many things, but specifically for its seafood. Real Jalisco Fine Mexican Cuisine brings a taste of the region to Blue Springs with a delicious menu you are sure to enjoy.
- Pancho’s Mexican Food: Just west of the intersection of 40 Highway and 7 Highway, Pancho’s is known for its gigantic burritos and fast service. Also, it’s cheap and open until midnight on the weekends.
- Las Playas: Jumbo margaritas, anyone? Las Playas is a relaxed cantina with good food and drinks. Come here for lunch or dinner, or order takeout if you are in a hurry.
Italian Restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo.
Italian heritage runs deep in the Kansas City area. Italian families have shaped politics and business in this town for decades, and the same can be said for restaurants. From historic joints like Garozzo’s to newer ventures like Lazia, you can find Italian food all over Kansas City. These are a few of the Italian restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo., that you don’t want to miss.
- Tuscany Italian Restaurant: Family-owned and operated, let this eatery on 7 Highway take you on a trip to Italy with its crowd-favorite Alfredo pasta, pizza or other dishes. The menu is reasonably priced and the atmosphere is casual while still upscale.
- Vito’s Original Pizza: Is pizza Italian or American? It’s probably most accurate to call it a hybrid. Italian Americans in New York made pizza famous across the world, and this pizzeria in Blue Springs serves up the best New-York-style slice in the city.
BBQ Restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo.
Try telling somebody from Kansas City that we don’t have the best barbecue in the world. It won’t go over well. We know we’re the world capital of barbecue. What many residents of the KC metro area may not know is that you can find great BBQ restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo. Here are a few of those.
- Jazzy B’s Diner: One of the best barbecue restaurants in Kansas City might be on a quiet road, in a lonely building, next to Lake Jacomo. We aren’t kidding. Jazzy B’s Diner is a place you have to find on purpose, and it is so worth it.
- Zarda’s Bar-B-Q: Zarda’s is a multi-generational family business. It started as a drive-in burger stand before becoming Zarda’s Bar-B-Q in 1976. Since then, they’ve been serving perfectly smoked meats with meticulously crafted sauces to happy Blue Springs customers. Zarda’s is a KC barbecue institution as much as any of the other big names around town.
More Restaurants near Blue Springs, Mo.
Mexican food, Italian cuisine, barbecue joints — we’ve already covered a lot of flavor. But, there are still more restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo., you should know about. These are local favorites and historic entities that play a central role in Blue Springs’ food scene.
- Minsky’s Pizza: If you grew up in Blue Springs, you love Minsky’s Pizza. The location on the north side of town is a beloved spot for takeout, family dinners, team events and birthday parties. You’ve probably hosted and attended an event of some kind at Minsky’s as a Blue Springs native. And if you haven’t had a slice of goodness from Minsky’s yet, you ought to fix that quickly.
- 54th Street Bar & Grill: Casual dining done right — that’s the idea of 54th Street Bar & Grill. This regional group of restaurants is based in Kansas City and serves seriously good food. Most food is made from scratch each day, and the bar offers great drinks and happy hours.
What sounds best? A slice from Minsky’s? A pulled-pork sandwich from Jazzy B’s? Pasta from Tuscany? You have a lot of options for restaurants in Blue Springs, Mo. Get out and try as many as you can. Happy eating!