Raytown sits between where the city ends and the suburbs begin. It’s a happy medium for those looking for a little more space than city blocks afford, but still want to be close to the action. When most people think of finding great food in Kansas City, there’s a good chance Raytown isn’t the first thing on the mind. But we’re going to let you in on a secret: restaurants in Raytown, MO, have a lot to offer.
From home cooking to authentic Mexican, fish fries to pizza, restaurants in Raytown, MO, serve a variety of cuisine. And one of the best qualities of this area is the price point. Unlike some Kansas City restaurants, you’re not going to pay a steep price for a delicious meal.
Whether you live in Raytown or you never go there, this guide will give you everything you need to know about restaurants near Raytown, MO, and where you should go for your next night out.
Restaurants in Raytown, MO
There are dozens of restaurants in Raytown, MO. There’s no way we can cover them all. But, we can tell you about some local favorites that you can add to your restaurant list.
If you’re Craving Tacos
- Fiesta Azteca: This is a straight-forward Mexican grill and cantina serving authentic meals at a good price. The salsa is fresh; the tacos, enchiladas and flautas are delicious; the beer is cold. Pull up to this hole-in-the-wall restaurant in Raytown, MO, and chow down.
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant: An unassuming Mexican restaurant with dine-in and takeout options just north of Raytown’s main road. You can typically grab your food quickly without waiting in line, and reviewers frequently find the food delicious.
- Rincon Tarasco Mexican Restaurant: Another of the Raytown, MO, restaurants that most people are missing out on. Rincon Tarasco serves authentic Mexican dishes and hefty margaritas. They also offer a variety of Mexican soups that you won’t find anywhere else.
If you Need a Home-Style Dinner
- Breakfast & Lunch Lovers: Yelp’s top-rated restaurant in Raytown, Breakfast & Lunch Lovers is a can’t-miss stop for a home-style meal. Order a waffle if you’re feeling sweet, or go with potatoes, biscuits and gravy if you need something hearty.
- Ginger’s Restaurant: If you know about Ginger’s, it’s probably one of your favorite restaurants near Raytown, MO. Heaping servings of eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns are sure to please anyone, as are customer favorites like the bacon avocado burrito.
- Newz Room Café: You can’t always find fresh seafood in the Midwest, but you can find fried fish strips and signature grilled shrimp at Newz Room Café — that is some breaking news.
- Shanghai Express: Your classic Chinese takeout joint. Shanghai Express is locally beloved for its fast, affordable dinners.
- Ma Ma China: Come for lunch or dinner and try something new, like one of the many hot soup options or a delicious duck plate. With over 70 food items to choose from, the lunch buffet goes from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and the dinner buffet is from 3:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Ma Ma China offers carryout options as well.
A Hidden Barbecue Gem
- LC’s Bar-B-Q: There’s a divide in the barbecue world that is being revealed as KC’s barbecue scene continues to grow. That divide is between those who believe barbecue can be a nice meal and those who believe it should be a get-your-hands-dirty experience. LC’s is for the latter — a true, traditional barbecue joint serving meats cooked to perfection with delicious sauce. It’s true Kansas City barbecue at its finest. If you’re looking for the best restaurants in Raytown, MO, then you have to go here.
More Raytown, MO, Restaurants Raytown’s dining scene is more than most people in the Kansas City area expect. Don’t be one of those people. Head over to Raytown and eat some delicious food. You can try one of the local spots we’ve already listed, or one of these other restaurants in Raytown, MO.