A key part of many weddings, usually a month or so before the big day arrives, is the bachelor party. Whether you’re planning the party as a part of your best man duties, or you’re even the groom himself brainstorming some ideas, you’ll need to find some good bachelor party venues.
You’re in the right place. From the Crossroads Arts District to the Country Club Plaza, these are the best places to have a bachelor party in Kansas City.
Crossroads Bachelor Party Venues
Any Kansas City native will tell you that the Crossroads is one of the hippest neighborhoods in the city. As such, there are plenty of good places for bachelor parties in Kansas City, and the Crossroads is home to many of them.
Here are several ideas for your Kansas City bachelor party to get you started:
- Society: As one of the best new restaurants in the city, Society serves incredible food and drinks and pairs it all with an artsy, urban vibe. You can also catch a Chiefs or Royals game here on the massive TVs. All in all, it’s an incredible place to have a Kansas City bachelor party.
- Tom’s Town Distilling Co.: Tom’s Town is one of the most famous distilleries in KC. If you’re curious about how they create their craft gin, bourbon and vodka, then you can book a tour and enjoy some premium cocktails afterward.
- Swordfish Tom’s: Tucked away in a Crossroads alley, Swordfish Tom’s is a pre-Prohibition speakeasy that seats 30 people total. They don’t take reservations, and it’s an intimate space, so arrive with a backup plan just to be safe.
- Up-Down: Arcade bars make for great bachelor party ideas in Kansas City, and Up-Down is the best one. It features plenty of classics like Pac-Man, Mario Bros. and Tron. There’s also a Nintendo 64 for you to join your friends in Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 64.
Westport Bachelor Party Venues
Westport has bars and restaurants galore for your Kansas City bachelor party. If you enjoy a classic dive bar or something more modern, then you can find just what you’re looking for in Westport. These places are always a good time:
- Westport Ale House: Craft beer and sports are two core tenets of Westport Ale House, which is located in the heart of Westport at Broadway and Archibald. For your bachelor party in Kansas City, Ale House is nothing short of a great time.
- Fountain Haus: This inclusive, LGBTQ+ bar could be the perfect spot if you’re a part of the larger queer community. Pull up to Fountain Haus for a fun drag show or as part of a bar-hopping night.
- Tin Roof: If live music is something you enjoy, then Tin Roof could be a great place for your Kansas City bachelor party. This venue includes two stages and a patio so you can enjoy a nice night outdoors while listening to some live music.
Country Club Plaza Bachelor Party Venues
Drawing inspiration from the ornamental architecture of Seville, Spain, the Country Club Plaza is filled with critically acclaimed restaurants and exciting shopping. To ensure your Kansas City bachelor party is nothing but the best time, here are a few places worth your while:
- The Capital Grille: With a menu featuring some of the most delicious steaks in the country and premier cocktails, the Capital Grille is a wonderful place to start the night and grab a high-end meal. You can even book one of the private rooms for a closer experience.
- The Fontaine: This luxury hotel means you have easy walking access to the plethora of shops all over the beloved Plaza. It makes a great bachelor party venue with its luxurious interiors, marble floors and Venetian glass chandelier fostering a sophisticated air.
- The Escape Game: Are you a fan of escape rooms? Kansas City has an excellent selection, and the Escape Game on the Plaza is the latest to join the bunch. There are five rooms in total, all with varying skill levels.
Power & Light Bachelor Party Venues
Located in the heart of downtown Kansas City, the Power & Light District is a thriving hub for entertainment and nightlife. From bowling to axe-throwing, from concerts to basketball games, here are some good starting points for your Kansas City bachelor party:
- KC Live!: In the middle of Power & Light, you can catch some live music or watch a sporting event on the big screen. In fact, it hosts more than 150 free events annually, so this could be a good spot if you’re searching for something budget-friendly for your bachelor party in Kansas City.
- The College Basketball Experience: Do you love college basketball? Check out the College Basketball Experience, where you can shoot some hoops with your friends with two whole floors of fun. If it’s basketball season, then you can go catch a game at KC’s arena next door, the T-Mobile Center, afterward.
- No Other Pub: As Sporting KC’s official watch party venue, No Other Pub is also a wonderful bachelor party venue for the avid sports fan. If sports aren’t your thing, then you can play some games like ping-pong, bowling, darts, arcade games, shuffle puck and even a golf simulator.
In the City of Fountains, you can have the Kansas City bachelor party of your dreams. Regardless of what activities the night entails, this list should give you the perfect starting point.