Your rehearsal dinner should be a special moment that leads right up to the big day. It’s a chance to get together with your closest family and friends and celebrate this momentous occasion. As a part of your general wedding planning process, you’ll need to find rehearsal dinner venues in Kansas City that meet all your needs.
Everyone’s vision is unique, and you want your wedding rehearsal dinner in Kansas City to feel tailored to you and your future spouse. To help you find the space that’s perfect for you, we’ve listed all kinds of Kansas City rehearsal dinner spots, from top-rated venues to child-friendly places.
Top-Rated Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Kansas City
For your rehearsal dinner in Kansas City, you may be looking for the cream of the crop. You want to find a place that’s reputable and of the highest quality. The best places for a rehearsal dinner in Kansas City will not only have spectacular food but also incredible service, memorable ambiance and premium cocktails.
You’ll get all of that and more at these wonderful restaurants:
- Lidia’s: As one of the most beloved Italian restaurants in KC, Lidia’s offers delectable dishes for every course. Their most famous is the pasta tasting trio, which is a limitless sampling of three types of pasta, which rotate daily.
- Trezo Mare Restaurant & Lounge: This Italian restaurant in Briarcliff, located in the north end of KC, focuses on pasta, wood-fired steaks and fresh seafood. They can also host your rehearsal dinner in Kansas City and are among the top-rated places in town.
- Rye: With two locations (one in Leawood, KS, and the other on the Country Club Plaza), Rye has a lot to offer in the way of versatility. Gourmet fried chicken is their specialty, but the farm-to-table-style menu, sourced from farmers in rural Kansas and Missouri, has incredible seafood, pork chops and short ribs, too.
Affordable Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Kansas City
Maybe you’re planning your rehearsal dinner in Kansas City on a bit of a budget. We understand if you’re nervous about how much a rehearsal dinner can cost. But, there are several places in the KC metro that can accommodate your finances.
Here are a few Kansas City rehearsal dinner spots that can take your budget into account:
- Room 39: This smaller, more intimate space boasts a farm-to-table experience alongside handcrafted cocktails and a great wine selection. If you’re planning on inviting fewer people because of your budget, then Room 39 is a fantastic option.
- Extra Virgin: Run by the James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Smith, this tapas-focused restaurant is a great option for a budget-friendly rehearsal dinner in Kansas City. By focusing on small plates rather than full-blown entrees, you can reduce the costs while still offering an elegant evening.
- Harvey’s at Union Station: This chic, casual restaurant is located in Union Station, often dubbed the heart of KC. Their event space is available for rent at half the price on weekdays, which can make the rehearsal dinner in Kansas City slightly more affordable.
Recently Opened Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Kansas City
A lot of new restaurants have opened in KC since the pandemic. If you’re searching for new rehearsal dinner locations in Kansas City, then you’re in luck. There are plenty of new spots in KC that not only provide delicious meals but can also be just the place for such a special night. Here are just a few of them:
- Society: Opened in 2021, this Crossroads spot has a diverse menu plus in-house media and tech capabilities. The adjoining Scarlet Room also provides an intimate, unique setting to go along with the excellent culinary experience.
- Tailleur: This Midtown restaurant, which debuted in 2020, focuses on European comfort food and seasonal offerings. With two floors and cozy décor, Tailleur is one of the best new restaurants in Kansas City.
- Hemma Hemma: One of the newest rehearsal dinner venues in Kansas City is Hemma Hemma, located in the Waldo neighborhood. Aside from offering dinner and even cooking classes, Hemma Hemma also provides private event space for your rehearsal dinner.
Kid-Friendly Rehearsal Dinner Locations in Kansas City
At your rehearsal dinner in Kansas City, there might be some children present. We all know children can be picky eaters, and it can be hard to entertain them, too. After all, we were once kids ourselves! We get it, and these rehearsal dinner venues in Kansas City get it, too:
- Pierpont’s at Union Station: Pierpont’s is an exquisite location for your rehearsal dinner with its elegant interiors and high-end cuisine. Fortunately, they also have a kid’s menu. Plus, what kid doesn’t love the fun activities at Union Station?
- Melting Pot: Kids will love the cheese and chocolate fondues that the Plaza’s Melting Pot is famous for. The luxurious vibe, dishes and cocktails are great for all the adults, too.
- 801 Chophouse: When it comes to high-end Kansas City rehearsal dinner spots that are also kid-friendly, 801 Chophouse is among the best. The kids will love the gourmet steaks and macaroni and cheese. There are locations in both downtown KC’s Power & Light District and out in Leawood, KS.
Regardless of what you have in mind for your rehearsal dinner in Kansas City, you can find the perfect spot. Whether that’s something budget-friendly or a brand-new local hotspot, the City of Fountains has it.